Salade de Boeuf (Salata de Boeuf) - An Easy Appetizer Recipe
This easy appetizer recipe is a romanian traditional food, despite the french resonance in the name.
Salata de Boeuf ( Beef Salad) can actually be made with beef or chicken, and it is usually made together with beef soup or chicken soup, as its ingredients are the meat and vegetables from the soup. You can also boil separately the meat and vegetables.
Salata de Boeuf Recipe
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
- 4 chicken thighs (or 1 pound of beef)
- 4-5 carrots
- 1 parsnip root
- 1 parsley root
- 1 celery root ( 1/2 for a large root)
- 7-8 large sour pickles
- 1 potato
- a pinch of salt
- horseradish mustard
- Boil the vegetables and the meat in the soup, and remove.
- Cut the meat, the potato, the carrots, parsnip, parsley, the celery root and the pickles into very small cubes.
- Mix everything and add just enough mayonnaise to bind the ingredients together.
- Put into a serving bowl, cover with a very thin mayonnaise layer. You can decorate with olives and fine slices of red peppers.
|Home| |Traditional Romanian Recipes|